Ok - everyone who has had one of these...loves 'em. Serious folks.
These Zucchini Carrot Muffins are moist and delicious. They are a popular treat among my vegan and non-vegan friends. They seem to be more delectable with fresh zucchini and carrots from the garden. Enjoy!
Adapted from here.
2/3 cup melted vegan margarine (I use Earth Balance)
2 servings of egg replacer mixed with water (I use Bob's Red Mill)
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
1/2 cup chopped nuts (my favorite are pecans)(optional)
Cinnamon Crumb Topping*
1) Grease and flour 12 muffin cups. Heat oven to 375°F (191°C).
2) In a medium mixing bowl, beat the melted vegan margarine with egg replacer and water, sugars and vanilla extract.
3) In another medium mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl containing the wet ingredients from step 2, stirring until well incorporated. Fold in the shredded zucchini, carrots and nuts.
4) Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full with the batter. Sprinkle with Cinnamon Crumb Topping (see below) or granulated sugar, if desired.
5) Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Makes about 12 muffins.
*Cinnamon Crumb Topping
2 teaspoons vegan margarine, melted
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (or to taste)
1) In a small mixing bowl, add all ingredients together and mix with a fork until crumbly.
You can view this recipe on http://www.veganbaking.net/vegan-recipes/breads-and-muffins/zucchini-carrot-muffins-with-cinnamon-crumble-top.html too :)