Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Peanut Butter Muffins

Ok - this isn't the best picture...but you'll get the idea.  DELISH~!

I have a new found love for this peanut butter muffin recipe which happened by mistake. I was scouring the internet looking for a recipe for peanut butter bread…there aren’t that many. Don’t ask me why I was so fixated on finding a recipe for such a thing, I just get it in my head sometimes and I can’t let it go. I found this recipe and decided to veganize it. And then I realized that I had misplaced my bread pan… So it became a muffin recipe!




1 Tablespoon ground flax meal (heaping)
3 Tablespoons non-dairy milk (I used Rice Dream Horchata)


1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup oats
1 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup peanut butter



1 cup non-dairy milk (I used Rice Dream Horchata)
1 teaspoon vanilla



1) Heat your oven to 350F (177C) and line your muffin tins. Mix the flax and horchata in a small bowl and let gel up.



2) Grind the oats in a food processor (I used the Magic Bullet), or use quick cooking oats. In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the peanut butter and mix until crumbly.



3) Combine the flax mixture, horchata and vanilla in a separate bowl and then add to the dry ingredients until just moistened.



4) Fill the muffin tins ¾ full and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool for at least 5 minutes, if you can stand it. Serve with fresh preserves and enjoy the PB&J muffin experience!

Makes 12-14 Peanut Butter Muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment