Thursday, October 15, 2009

Art

Art.

Are you ready for a lot of questions?

What is art to you?  This question has come up a lot recently.  Mostly, because my lovely husband has been approaching the question and I find myself wondering.  What is it?  Why do we value, or not value art in our society? Is it just a creative expression? 

This past month I have been exposed to some brilliant artists, and it seems to have opened up a portal in my mind that I was unaware of.  Now, I want more.

I seem to be defining what my aesthetic preferences are lately and I'd love to know what yours are.  Who are your favorite artists? Are they painters, sculptures, authors, designers?  And why are these people your favorite?

This picture is of an amazing sculpture artist by the name of Robert Holmes.



No comments:

Post a Comment