Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dance Off Moments...An Alternate Reality

Last night I started dancing spontaneously to music that I wouldn't normally dance to.  And, it was fun.  I could have easily enjoyed a life as a dancer.  Although, if you ask my mother I'm completely uncoordinated.  I don't know about completely uncoordinated, but I'm certainly not trained to do any sort of professional dance.  The point is, I just let the moment take me away. 

Luckily, I have a very understanding husband who will often join me in these moments of delight.  He doesn't laugh at me when I pull out my funky dance moves on him.  He just smiles, and laughs with me as I slide around on the floor in my fuzzy over-sized socks and pajamas.  He has taught me a lot about accepting my goofy nature.  

Do you ever let the moment whisk you away to another place?  Are you ever inspired to do something totally out of the norm? 

I find that doing these simple acts of pleasure give me a sense of exhilaration and joy in my life.   In an otherwise structured and boxed-in society it can be nice to just let loose and let the music carry me to a beautiful alternate reality where I dance, sing and entertain in my own perfect way. 

In this alternate reality I'm also really funny.  Especially when I'm doing the Running Man in my kitchen.  Or perhaps, the Macarena...to keep in shape, of course (see below).

What do you do in your 'Other Universe'?

1 comment:

  1. Renata,
    I so appreciate your questions you pose to your readers and your willingness to share your experiences with us. I am so grateful for your delightful, fancy Free, dance-off you had the other night! It inspires me to have more of my own!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete