Thursday, August 20, 2009

1,2,3,4... I Know What You're Looking For...


Well, maybe I don't know what you are looking for but I know that I'm always looking for something. And when I look, I find. So when I started trying to figure out how intuition and energy are related , a bunch of answers came flying my way.

The other day I was discussing how people think of energy. I'm not talking about your local PG&E office, although that is a form of energy too. I'm speaking about the vital essence that we are all created from. Some call it energy, others call it vibration and some folks believe it is pure love. Whatever your association to the substance, I want to know how do you experience it?

When I first started becoming interested in the metaphysical world I was very attracted to numerology (I use the word metaphysical because of its etymology: 'meta' meaning beyond, and 'physical' pertaining to our material world). I was fascinated at how accurately numbers could explain things. You see, the theory behind numerology is that everything is made up of numbers, and each number has a certain vibration. Each vibration (or number) has specific implications inherent within it, and when we learn what these implications are, we can learn to see our reality through new eyes.

I was very skeptical at first so I started cataloging all the numbers that I could find.

I started with people, and created a spreadsheet of my friends and loved ones (I know I'm a little weird). Within this spreadsheet I noticed clear patterns. There were certain people with whom I felt connected or bonded to, and they all had similar number profiles. Others, with whom I did not feel so attached had different number patterns. When I noticed this, I started to give the study of numerology some credence. This led to my love of the numbers. My head started swimming with numbers all day, every day. I began to view the world with a new approach, and I saw my life was full of "hidden" meanings. Everything started to make sense in a completely fresh way. Years later, it still amazes me!

The reason I bring up my history with numerology is only to illustrate that this is the way in which I started recognizing how energy can be interpreted. I've never considered myself to be all that "intuitive", so when I realized that THIS was how my intuitive sense came through I was ecstatic. I am aware now that we ALL have intuition, we each access it in our own unique way. Some people feel things, some people see things, others just have a knowing. Whatever it is for you, and however you do it, is perfect.

So I'll end with my question from above: How do you experience intuition as it relates to energy? Have you been in touch with your intuition throughout your life, or has it developed over time? And for those of you who have always had strong internal guidance, how do you strengthen it?

4 comments:

  1. Interesting thoughts. I know that my intuition got stronger after I noticed certain patterns in people as well (after studying numerology, astrology, and hypnosis). I don't want to say it's profiling, but once I had a framework for understanding, I was better able to both interpret my hunches and trust them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're blogosphere buddies! Great post about energy. Light and sound are what I've been most interested in lately. It's going to be great to track with you and see this journey you're on.

    Good stuff Renata.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's intresting Renata, because it seems I've been fairly intuitive my whole life and I can usually tell within moments of meeting someone if they and I will "mesh" well. The problem that I usually have, is listening completely to my intuition..I have a tendency, to feel it, but I may repress it instead of completely listening. Especially, when it's a negative one. I will try and try and try to get a different feeling, but usually my intuition is dead on. I wonder how different I would be if I relied on my intuition like I do my other senses and trust it? - Leslie Titterington

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Bono still hasn't found what he's looking for.

    As for me, I've been looking for the fingernail clippers all morning and I think my wife has misplaced them on purpose. I hate it when she does that.

    ReplyDelete